COORDINATOR: Kocaeli Provincial Directorate of National Education
As Kocaeli Provincial Directorate of National Education our aims are to raise modern generations who are loyal to Atatürk’s natıonalism, internalize Turkish Nation’s values, know their duties and responsibilities towards the Republic of Turkey; to prepare our youth and children to life and higher education in an educational environment based on reason and science which studies, researches and questions; and one of the priority target is to maximize the level of productivity of the institutions and employees in our region and our country in line with developments and changes in the framework of Turkish National Education goals and fundamental principles. As an educational authority our Institution is a non-profit public body. Our institution working to increase the success and ensure the efficiency by focusing on understanding on “Strategic Planning” every field of education, has 39 pre-school institutions, 229 special needs institutions, 281 primary schools, 235 secondary schools, 62 vocational secondary schools, 4 vocational education centres, 6 teachers’ guest houses, 12 Public Training Centres, 3 Counselling and Research Centres in its region.
Literacy rate in Kocaeli is quite high and increasing every year. In the provision of education and training services, Provincial Directorate of National Education in collaboration with all stakeholders acts with the responsibility to shape the city’s future. Being one of the industrial cities, Vocational Education and institutions are crucial to develop their own capacities. As well as being the industrial city, Kocaeli is also a science city with the institutions such as Kocaeli University, Gebze Institute of Technology and Research Centres. In our city, the school / institution number is 1125. In these schools 17.248 teachers carry out a duty and 336.467 students are studying at 12.353 classes.
12 Districts Educational Directorate of National Education are affiliated with Kocaeli Provincial Directorate of National Education. Under the Kocaeli Provincial Directorate of National Education, one Director of Education , 1 Head of Internal Audit, 6 Deputy Manager and 9 Branch Manager and in all Province 1982 Administrators carry out a duty.
- Kocaeli Provincial Directorate of National Education has finalized LDV project IMSPCM – Improving Skills of Project Cycle Management funded under LLP in 2010.
- LLP Comenius Multilateral Programme, a centralized Project called “SMILEY – Social Mindedness in Learning Community” was finalized in 2010.
- Another centralized Project funded within LLP 2010 Call for Proposals Key Actin 2 – Languages Programme, “CALDYS2 – Collaborative Language Teaching for Dyslexic Students” was carried out in 2 years.
- Kocaeli Provincial Directorate of National Education was one of the 56 partners (10 local-46 international) of Digital Earth Project which was also funded under Networks Programme in 2010.
- In 2011LLP LDV Projects, AWARE Project – Increasing awareness of e-learning in VET was finalised.
- In 2011 LLP LDV Partnership Project ICAVE – Increasing – Creating Awareness of the European Union to Increase the Competence of the Administration of Vocational Education was carried out by 14 partners.
- In 2011 KPDoNE was one of the 12 partners of the Project titled “Integration of the students with mild mental retardation in food and beverage services division and labour market” under LLP LDV VETPRO Projects.
- In 2011LLP LDV Transfer of Innovation Project ALPER Project – Adapting Learning Programmes for Energies Renewable was run.
- In 2012 LLP Grundtvig Learning Partnership Programme, , The Grey Gold of Europe Project was carried out.
- Another Project in 2012 Comenius Regio Partnerships, OLVABRIGEN- Olympic Values-Bridge between Generations Project was carried out in collaboration with Timisoara Inspectorate of Education.
- In 2012 LLP LDV Transfer of Innovation Programme the “MATE – Multidisciplinary approach to improve the competences of VET teachers for early childhood education “project was run.
- In 2015 we had two Erasmus+ School Partnership projects, we finalised one titled “Reading with Ease and Fun” and we have been running “Education for Global Responsibility” which is a three year project.
- In 2016 “Promotion of Work Based Learning via Vocational Education Training Triangle” project was approved in Strategic Partnership for vocational education and training.
- In 2017 our two School Partnership projects were approved. “Effective International Partnership: Success for Every Student” and “Bringing Europe Home at School” projects have started to run.
- In 2017 we applied for KA1 Staff Mobility and our project “Enhancing the COmpetences of LOcal Educational Authorities” was approved by the Turkish NA as the consortium coordinator.
We have 5 experienced staff in EU projects both implementation and management since 2006. All of our staff coordinates different projects related to their field. We deal with youth projects, strategic partnership projects, local projects, vocational projects and so on. They give PCM courses to teachers and they consult the schools about the projects, they give In-service Training courses every year to many teachers. They give eTwinning seminars to schools and they visit schools about eTwinning projects. They have experience about desktop publishing, visual art design, and multimedia tools. They are very good at computer skills and they use Corel Draw programmes and various pc programmes.